In this article, I has compiled a list of the best blogging platforms. Regarding what is blogging platform, I have explained it in the article entitled: Blogging Essential Tools.
Here is a list of the best blogging platforms. Happy reading…
WordPress is an open-source software you can use to create a beautiful website, blog, or app. Beautiful designs, powerful features, and the freedom to build anything you want. WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time. 34% of the web uses WordPress, from hobby blogs to the biggest news sites online.
Official website: https://wordpress.org/
Drupal is a content management software. It’s used to make many of the websites and applications you use every day. Drupal has great standard features, like easy content authoring, reliable performance, and excellent security. But what sets it apart is its flexibility; modularity is one of its core principles. Its tools help you build the versatile, structured content that dynamic web experiences need. It’s also a great choice for creating integrated digital frameworks.
You can extend it with anyone, or many, of thousands of add-ons. Modules expand Drupal’s functionality. Themes let you customize your content’s presentation. Distributions are packaged Drupal bundles you can use as starter-kits. Mix and match these components to enhance Drupal’s core abilities. Or, integrate Drupal with external services and other applications in your infrastructure.
No other content management software is this powerful and scalable. The Drupal project is open-source software. Anyone can download, use, work on, and share it with others. It’s built on principles like collaboration, globalism, and innovation. It’s distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
There are no licensing fees, ever. Drupal will always be free.
Official website: https://www.drupal.org/
Joomla! is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) for publishing web content. Over the years Joomla! has won several awards. It is built on a model–view–controller web application framework that can be used independently of the CMS that allows you to build powerful online applications.
Joomla! is one of the most popular website software, thanks to its global community of developers and volunteers, who make sure the platform is user-friendly, extendable, multilingual, accessible, responsive, search engine optimized and so much more.
Official website: https://www.joomla.org
Open source, drag, and drop website builder and CMS of the new generation. Use drag and drop to create a website or to add new features to the existing website. Powerful backend with a great user experience interface. Use it to edit and manage your website. Powerful backend with a great user experience interface. Use it to edit and manage your website. Add Pages, Posts, Categories, and Products in your Microweber website without the need for coding. A full e-commerce solution for online business, create your online store with Microweber.
Everything you need to start a blog, write text in real-time and managing content and comments. You the modules to build your website as building boxes and expand your functionality. What are Dynamic Layouts and How to use them?
Official website: https://microweber.org/
Grav is a modern open-source flat-file CMS. The Grav admin plugin provides a simple and intuitive interface to make configuration and content creation easy and enjoyable.
- Enjoyable Content Creation. Use your favorite Markdown editor to create your content online or offline
- One-Click Installs. The built-in Package Manager lets you find, install, and easily update extensions and themes for Grav
- Stellar Performance. Grav intelligently caches content to deliver great performance, regardless of hosting
- Powerful Content Filtering. Create unlimited taxonomies such as tags, categories, and authors to filter and manage your content
- Dynamic Content Types. The flat-file nature of Grav lets you define custom fields for any of your pages, including modular content
- Multi-Language Support. A simple mechanism for presenting sites in multiple languages is built into Grav
- Simple Backups and Restores. Being file-based means backing up and restoring your data is super easy, and changing hosts/servers is a breeze!
- Image Media Processing. Dynamic image manipulation to resize, crop, resample, and effects all with automatic caching of images
- Easy Theme Customization. No need to start from scratch, use Theme Inheritance and then modify the bits you need, allowing for easier update
Official website: https://getgrav.org/
Concrete5 makes running a website easy. Go to any page in your site, and an editing toolbar gives you all the controls you need to update your website. No intimidating manuals, no complicated administration interfaces – just point and click.
What can I build with concrete5?
- Online magazines and newspapers.
- eCommerce sites.
- Extranets and Intranets.
- Government websites.
- Small business websites.
- Non-profit and organization websites.
- Community-based portals.
- Church, club, and team web sites.
- Personal or family homepages.
- Marketing focused sites for a corporation.
- Any school, college or university website.
- Many online communities.
- Anything else you can dream up!
Official website: https://www.concrete5.org/
Subrion is a PHP/MySQL based CMS & framework that allows you to build websites for any purpose. Yes, from blog to the corporate mega portal.
- Free & open source. You don’t need to pay a single penny to start using Subrion CMS. It’s not encrypted in any way so you can customize it per your needs.
- Extremely easy to extend. Forget the hours of programming simple things. Use Subrion framework API to add extra stuff using hooks, plugins, & packages.
- Templates and plugins. No need to search. Plugins and templates are available straight from your admin dashboard with a one-click installation process.
- Powerful admin dashboard. It’s done to focus on the content management process. Start it hassle-free within just a few minutes and take care of the content. It’s easy!
- Blog in the box. Bring your online presence to a whole new level with the extensive blog functionality that comes in the version by default.
- Multilingual CMS. Use ready translation or translate the system into your language. It provides all the functionality to become a multilingual solution.
Official website: https://subrion.org/
A free CMS built for agencies, loved by marketers & developers.
Created the Atlantis CMS to simplify the process of building and maintaining a website for website creators and their clients.
For Agencies & Marketers
- Visual layout, template and menu building
- Snappy, real time-on-page editing
- Rapid codeless page creation
- Intuitive CMS search and content discovery
- Simple image upload and management
- Instant image optimization for responsive and mobile
- Integrated SEO tools and free-form URLs
- Streamlined version control and content authoring
- Available support from actual CMS developers
- Extend and enrich your projects with modules.
- Atlantis is built on top of Laravel 5.x, the world’s leading PHP Framework.
- Skin your projects with a custom theme using your favorite CSS framework!
- You can join their Slack channel for community support.
Official website: https://www.atlantis-cms.com/
TYPO3 — the Professional, Flexible Content Management System
TYPO3 CMS is an Open Source Enterprise Content Management System with a large global community, backed by the approximately 900 members of the TYPO3 Association.
- Free, open-source software.
- Websites, intranets, and online applications.
- From small sites to multinational corporations.
- Fully featured and reliable, with true scalability.
Official website: https://typo3.org/
CSZ CMS is an open-source web application that allows managing all content and settings on the websites. CSZ CMS was built on the basis of Codeigniter and design the structure of Bootstrap, this should make your website fully responsive with ease.
CSZ CMS is based on the server-side script language PHP and uses a MySQL or MariaDB database for data storage. CSZ CMS is an open-source Content Management System. And all are free under the Astian Develop Public License (ADPL).
Official website: https://www.cszcms.com/
And many more blogging platforms that you can use as a content management system for your blog or website. Like FORK CMS, KIRBY CMS, Magnolia CMS, Silverstripe CMS, Jimdo, Ghost, B2evolution, etc.